Thursday, April 22, 2010

APRIL 22, 2010 - MY PILLOW

I must say that I am surprised how quickly I get winded. If I am sitting down relaxing, my breathing is fine, but if I get up and walk a few steps, or even just stand up, my breathing gets shallow right away, and I feel the need to sit back down and catch my breath.

The last day I slept overnight in the hospital, I was talking on the phone with one of my sisters, and she said, "I'll bet you'll be glad to sleep in your own bed tomorrow night!" I answered that I miss my own pillow more than my own bed.

My husband, Bill, heard what I said, and he said, "Oh, I threw your pillow away."

I knew he was joking, so I said, "Why did you do that?"

He answered, "Because I thought you weren't going to be coming back."

My sister and I got a big laugh out of that one!

I am down in the recliner all day again today on pain killers every 2 hours. Tomorrow should be a better day. The last real bad pain episode was Monday afternoon. Manageable pain yesterday and today.

I have no appetite. So far today, only 933 calories, and my goal is 2000. And it is already 5:30 pm. I think I'm going to fall short today.

No comments:

Post a Comment