Thursday, April 8, 2010

APRIL 8, 2010 - LIVE VIDEO OF A UFE

Right click here to see a live video of a Uterine Fibroid Embolization:

I tried to watch this. I got 2 minutes into it, and stopped, feeling a little woozy. I think I'd rather not know!

I have a very low tolerance for pain and a very sensitive vasovagal response. When I am in situations, usually medical, where they are hurting me and I feel helpless, my blood pressure drops and I black out, after having a mini panic attack.

I also experienced this on my last jet flight, and it makes me never want to fly again. I had to crawl off the plane and get sick.

But, evidently, it's not psychological, because the last time I had surgery in 2005, it happened while I was under general anesthesia. The surgeon told me that they did some cutting that caused physical pain, and my blood pressure dropped. They managed to bring me back, and I lived to see another surgery!

All that is to say that I hate being in those situations where they are hurting you and you can't make them stop. Very scary for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment