Friday, April 9, 2010

APRIL 9, 2010 - MY BIOPSY

I'm back from the doctor. The biopsy was painful, but surprisingly fast! It was over in a second. Now, I'm having pretty bad cramping, so I am down on the recliner for a while. I get the results in a week.

Normally, I would say that the waiting is hard, but in this case, I am so sure that the results will be good, that I am not suffering over the waiting.

When I had a breast cancer biopsy a couple of years ago, that was stressful, because I knew it could come back positive for cancer. By the way, it was negative. They just emptied the lump with a needle, which was no fun, of course!

The only bad thing about the waiting this time is that I may have to put off my surgery until those results come back, and I don't want to wait. On Monday, when I have my MRI, I will find out if I have to wait for surgery or can go ahead and have it soon.

As a side note, because of the recent unpleasantness, I am going to miss my niece's out-of-town wedding shower next week.
Okay, I never watch "The Doctors" TV show. But today I watched it to see Jamie Oliver talk about school lunches.

Right at the end of the show, they had a short segment on fibroid tumors.

Would you believe that there is another treatment that gets rid of fibroids that is totally non-invasive???

It's called Magnetic Resonance guided Focused Ultrasound Surgery. Right click here to learn more about it. The MRI scanner provides three-dimensional images of the fibroid and surrounding tissue, enabling precise guidance of the ultrasound waves to the target tissue. Highly focused ultrasound waves are directed into the body, and at the focal point, the ultrasound waves raise the temperature of the tissue, leading to its destruction. The thermal imaging capabilities of the MRI scanner provide real-time feedback of the temperature achieved at the target tissue during treatment, helping to ensure a positive therapy outcome. This is a non-invasive outpatient procedure.

They are open tomorrow morning. I'm calling them.

No comments:

Post a Comment