Sunday, March 15, 2009

MARCH 15, 2009 - ATKINS - TAKE 2

I would not want anyone to go through what I went through the first time, which also led to the next nine years of yo-yo dieting which left me at the heaviest weight of my life – 158 pounds.

The day I hit my highest weight – February 25, 2009 - was the day that I started The Zone diet. Over the next three weeks, I lost 8 pounds, but I was starving the whole time, eating only 1,000 calories per day. According to that diet, that is the amount of food I would have to eat for the rest of my life! No thanks! I now know that not only is it hard to starve all the time, but it is unhealthy and unnecessary!

When my husband's doctor told him on March 13, 2009, to go back to Atkins, I was heartbroken. Not again! I just can't do it again! And I can't have the two people in my house eating completely different menus, either.

That same night, I found the Atkins website. I looked at what the plan is all about. I couldn't believe it! Vegetables required? Net carbs? If you don’t lose weight, eat 5 net carbs more vegetables? This was not what I remembered from the first time on Atkins…

I read as much as I could on the website that Friday night, made up a shopping list on Saturday and went shopping for low carb foods, plus some really bad food to eat that day. Last chance, right? And on Sunday morning, March 15, 2009, we started Atkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment