Saturday, May 29, 2010

DR. KEVIN BOEHM EXPLAINS WHY YOUR GUM HEALTH IMPACTS YOUR HEART

Jimmy Moore shares his conversation with dentist Kevin Boehm, DDS.

Dr. Boehm specializes in holistic dentistry, or how the mouth and the rest of the body influence the health of each other. Listen in for facts such as arterial plaque has been found to largely consist of fossilized cells of mouth bacteria, the influence that nutrition-based dentist Weston A. Price had on this subject, the importance of Co-Q-10, and much more!

I just listened to the latest podcast from The Livin La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore.  This one had particular interest to me, because I have recently been diagnosed with gum disease.  I have been following my dentist's recommendations, and have made great progress so far - gums have stopped bleeding, pain is decreased, pockets have gotten smaller, etc.

Part of my treatment is using a sonic toothbrush.  When I first got it a few months ago, I used it every day, but recently, after learning that I was healing, I got lazy and now only use it occasionally, maybe a few times per week.  I was also flossing every day at first, and have gotten lazy about that, too.

Listening to this interview has really helped me decide to get serious again about dental health.  As Dr. Boehm explains, the health of our mouth impacts so many other aspects of health.  This is not the first time that I have heard information about dental health impacting other areas of health.  I'm not sure where I read it, but I recently read about gum disease being a cause of inflammation in the body, which is now being studied as a major cause of all types of diseases.

To listen to the interview, right click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment