Sunday, May 10, 2009

MAY 10, 2009 - CAN I AFFORD TO NOT BUY ORGANIC?


This is kind of a tough one for many people, including me! A lot of people don't even realize the difference between organic and non-organic, to begin with. And sometimes things can say organic, and they're not really. So you have to be discerning and ask questions of the seller.

The cost of organic is always higher. I do buy organic when I can, or when it's available, but I do spend more for it. I guess I have to weigh the cost of buying organic against the cost of putting all the chemicals into my body and the cost of the illness that could cause. But, still, it's hard to pay $2 for something, when right next to it is the "same thing" for $1.

Buying organic and grass fed meat and free range chickens and the like is not cheap! Plus, the closest store that has them is a 31 minute drive away, and there are three Jewel stores within 10 minutes of my home.

I suppose if I make these sacrifices now, my body (and my great-great-grandchildren!) will thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment