Saturday, May 15, 2010

TAKING AN ATKINS FORUM BREAK

I haven't been around much lately on the Atkins Forum for a couple of reasons. One is that I remembered that I had a life I had to get back to after surgery, and I am so far behind on all my bookkeeping, etc., and I haven't filed my taxes yet, and that sort of thing. So I've been trying to catch up.

Another reason is that I am becoming aware of so many variables in weight loss, that I feel ill-equipped to give advice right now. I always thought of myself as a "go to" person when it came to numbers and such, but my own experience has been breaking all of my own "rules" and I need to get a few things straight in my head. Therefore, all the research and experimentation.

What drives me is a thirst for knowledge and my own physical state. I really want to be as healthy as I can, and I hope to avoid getting ALS. The more I learn about the toxic consequences of some of the food we eat, and how environmental toxins may be the cause of ALS and other diseases, both neurological and others, the more I want to eat clean.

My next step, which it looks like I am not going to be able to avoid much longer, is eating only grass fed beef and free range chicken and such, and eating all organic. The more I learn about grain fed, high Omega-6s, antibiotics, hormones, pesticides, chemicals, excitotoxins and the like, the more I feel like I am taking unnecessary risks with my health and my life.

It's expensive, though, so I have some tough budgeting choices to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment