Sunday, May 16, 2010

REBECCA'S EVERYDAY SALAD DRESSING

I make this fresh every day for my salad. If I do say so myself, I have never tasted a salad dressing I like better. And it really only takes a minute more to make than unscrewing a bottle and pouring.

Serves 1

1 Tbs. olive oil
1/2 Tbs. bottled lime juice
1 clove fresh, crushed garlic
1/8 tsp. onion powder
3 drops liquid Stevia
2 oz. Hass (California) avocado, cut in bite size pieces

Put all ingredients in a large bowl. With a fork, smash 1/4 to 1/2 of the avocado against the side of the bowl, and then stir. Let sit while you cut up the salad veggies. This will soften the garlic and give the avocado a chance to soak up the flavor of the other ingredients.

234 calories
22.3g fat
1.4g protein
6.8g total carbs
4g dietary fiber
2.8g net carbs

Add salad veggies and toss. The nutritional info above does not include the veggies, other than the avocado, which is included.

2 comments:

  1. Hidden Valley Ranch, just the regular, has 2 carbs per serving. The lite has 12 and the Fat Free has 16. Quite a difference I thought.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. There sure is! And remember that the salad dressing numbers above include the avocado!

    ReplyDelete