Monday, May 4, 2009

MAY 4, 2009 - STANDARD ATKINS IS NOT WORKING

At this point in my journey, I was ready to throw in the towel. I contacted Colette Heimowitz, who is the Atkins Nutritionist. She told me to cut my calories down to 1400, which is 100 calories below the official recommendation for women – 1500 to 1800 calories. She also told me to cut my net carbs to 11, which is only half the recommended amount during Induction, which is the first phase of Atkins.

The idea of cutting back so much is discouraging. The thing I liked about Atkins was the fact that I could "eat as much as I wanted" and did not have to restrict calories.

But if this is what I have to do to lose weight and get healthy, then I am willing to do it. After all, 1400 calories is still 400 calories over what I used to be able to eat...

No comments:

Post a Comment