Saturday, June 8, 2013

THE (MODIFIED) VIRGIN DIET - DAY 11

Yesterday, I completed Day 11 my modified version of The Virgin Diet. 

MY SYMPTOMS
  • Acne - No - No new zits
  • Chronic mucus/stuffy nose - No
  • Constipation and/or diarrhea - Yes - The latter, twice yesterday
  • Fatigue -Yes - Had to take an afternoon nap after getting up for work at 4:15 am
  • Food cravings - No
  • Gas and bloating - No
  • Headaches - No
  • High blood glucose - No - 90 after dinner - A little higher than I like, but still OK
  • Inability to lose weight - No - Starting weight 147.8 - Current weight 144.8 - Goal weight 136 - To get back to goal, need to lose 8.8 more pounds.  Can button "measurement shorts" with a slight "muffin top".  Lost 0.4 pounds yesterday for a total of 3 pounds in 11 days.
  • Insomnia - Yes - Woke up in the night one time and had trouble going back to sleep
  • Joint pain - No
  • Limp, lackluster hair - Yes
  • Muscle pain  - No
  • Nausea - No
  • Swollen fingers - Yes - Having trouble getting my rings off in the morning

WHAT I AM EATING

Yesterday, I ate like this, which was right on target:

136g fat (78%)
61g protein
28g carbs

For breakfast at 5:00 am, I had a shake that was comprised of coconut milk, water, non-dairy protein powder, frozen berries, a few drops of Stevia and 2 tsp. of cod liver oil.

For snack at 11:30 am, I had my Sunrise Cocktail, which was comprised of MCT oil, olive oil, lemon juice and a few drops of Stevia.

For lunch at 2:00 pm, I had a couple of thick slices of cooked bacon, a bit of Bubbie's sauerkraut and a cup of the homemade chicken bone broth that I started the day before in the slow cooker.

For dinner at 6:00 pm, I had a half of a can of wild caught sardines in lemon oil, half of a large, sweet red bell pepper and a cup of Mexican Hot Chocolate from the Fat Fast Cookbook (shameless plug).

I drank 72 oz. of water, but never within an hour before eating or an hour after eating, in order to not dilute my stomach acid.

If you are interested in getting a short synopsis of how this plan works, you can click on the link at the beginning of this post or you can listen to Jimmy Moore interviewing JJ Virgin by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment