Friday, June 21, 2013

THE (MODIFIED) VIRGIN DIET - EGG CHALLENGE DAY 2

Yesterday, I challenged eggs for the second day in a row on my modified version of The Virgin Diet. 

MY SYMPTOMS
  • Acne -Yes - One new zit
  • Chronic mucus/stuffy nose -Yes, very slight
  • Constipation and/or diarrhea - No
  • Fatigue -Yes, in the middle of the day, because I had to get up for work at 4 am
  • Food cravings - No
  • Gas and bloating - No
  • Headaches - No
  • High blood glucose - No
  • Inability to lose weight - No - Starting weight 147.8 - Current weight 144.4 - Goal weight 136 - To get back to goal, need to lose 8.4 more pounds.  Can button "measurement shorts" with a slight "muffin top".  Lost 0.4 pounds yesterday for a total of 3.4 pounds in 23 days.
  • Insomnia - Yes - Woke up in the middle of the night and had a hard time getting back to sleep
  • Joint pain - No
  • Thinning, limp, lackluster hair -No
  • Muscle pain  -Yes, because I went for miles-long walks two days in a row and hurt my calf
  • Nausea - No
  • Swollen fingers - No

MY MENU

Yesterday, I ate this:

121g fat (76%)
70g protein
17g carbs

I did lose weight yesterday even though I increased protein by about 12%, so I am going to keep my macronutrient level where it is now.  My ketone strips should arrive in about a week.


EGG CHALLENGE

For lunch yesterday, I ate three eggs again.  Yummy!  So far, the only thing I notice is that I got a zit and a little bit of a stuffy nose.  Does this mean that I'm intolerant of eggs?  I'm not sure if what is happening shows a slight intolerance or not.  I did have a little insomnia last night, but I think it was due to the "warm flushes" I have been having lately.  I will have eggs again today and tomorrow, and then not have them for the next three days after that, and track any symptoms that I might have.


MY EXERCISE

None.


If you are interested in getting a short synopsis of how this plan works, you can click on the link at the beginning of this post or you can listen to Jimmy Moore interviewing JJ Virgin by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment