Monday, June 24, 2013

THE (MODIFIED) VIRGIN DIET - EGG CHALLENGE DAY 5

Yesterday, I stopped eating eggs for the first of three days in a row on my modified version of The Virgin Diet. 

MY SYMPTOMS
  • Acne -Yes - One new zit
  • Chronic mucus/stuffy nose -No
  • Constipation and/or diarrhea - No
  • Fatigue - No
  • Food cravings - No
  • Gas and bloating - No
  • Headaches - No
  • High blood glucose - No
  • Inability to lose weight - No - Starting weight 147.8 - Current weight 142.4 - Goal weight 136 - To get back to goal, need to lose 6.4 more pounds.  Can button "measurement shorts" with a slight "muffin top".  Lost 1 pound yesterday for a total of 5.4 pounds in 26 days.  That's an average of 1.5 pounds per week.
  • Insomnia - No
  • Joint pain - No
  • Thinning, limp, lackluster hair - No
  • Muscle pain  - No
  • Nausea - No
  • Swollen fingers - No

MY MENU

Yesterday,  I ate this:

124g fat (75%)
73g protein
21g carbs

For breakfast, I ate bacon and my Sunrise Cocktail.

For lunch, I ate homemade beef bone broth with gelatin and a protein shake with strawberries.  I thought I would try using some of that pea protein powder that I thought was giving me diarrhea.  It did not bother me, so I think it must have been the coconut milk all along.

For dinner, I had a ground beef patty and roasted kale.

For a snack later (I had company), I had a fat bomb and celery with cream cheese, and right before bed, I had one very small square of 70% dark chocolate.

By the way, my company was all eating ice cream sandwiches for dessert, and I did not have one.  So very proud of myself.  And since consequently losing a pound yesterday, I'm really glad that I did not succumb.


EGG CHALLENGE

Yesterday was my first day of no eggs.  Two more days of this, and I start challenging dairy.


MY EXERCISE

 I took a one mile walk.


MY BODY COMPOSITION

Since starting this diet, my body fat has gone down from 37.6% to 35.4%.  That means that I have lost 5.2 pounds of body fat and 0.2 pounds of lean mass.  To get to my goal of 136 pounds with 30% body fat, I need to lose 9.6 more pounds of body fat and I need to gain 3.2 pounds of lean mass.


If you are interested in getting a short synopsis of how this plan works, you can click on the link at the beginning of this post or you can listen to Jimmy Moore interviewing JJ Virgin by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment