Monday, June 3, 2013

THE VIRGIN DIET - DAY 6

Yesterday, I completed Day 6 of The Virgin Diet.

MY SYMPTOMS

  • Acne - Yes
  • Chronic mucus/stuffy nose - Yes, but improving
  • Constipation and/or diarrhea - Yes, the latter, even sometimes right after eating  or drinking water
  • Fatigue - Yes, especially in the afternoon
  • Food cravings - No
  • Gas and bloating - No
  • Headaches - No
  • High blood glucose - A little bit - This morning was 91 before eating
  • Inability to lose weight - No - Did not weigh this morning, but lost 2.2 pounds in the first 4 days - Starting weight 147.8 - Current weight 145.6? - Goal weight 136 - To get back to goal, need to lose 9.6 more pounds.  Can still button "measurement shorts" with a slight "muffin top".
  • Insomnia - No
  • Joint pain - Yes, but somewhat improved
  • Limp, lackluster hair - Yes
  • Muscle pain  - Yes, but improving
  • Nausea - Yes, sometimes after eating or drinking water

WHAT I AM EATING

I normally eat like this:

135g fat (78%)
57g protein
28g carbs

Yesterday, I did not track my food, because a special dinner was made by a family member.  It was low carb, and did not contain any of the seven FI foods, but I could not measure or weigh anything.

Last night, I dreamed that I ate a piece of homemade whole wheat bread and fat bombs made with butter.  In the dream, I was very upset because I knew that it meant that I would have to start all over.  Even when I woke up, it took me a few seconds to convince myself that it was only a dream and didn't count!

I had shakes for breakfast and lunch that were comprised of coconut milk, water, non-dairy protein powder, ground flax seed, raw greens, frozen berries and a few drops of Stevia.  I also had 2 tsp. of cod liver oil in the breakfast shake.

For dinner, I had a stuffed green pepper and a green salad with my homemade salad dressing:  Olive oil, coconut oil, garlic powder, Stevia, lemon juice and avocado.

I ate breakfast at 7:30 am, lunch at 12:30 pm and dinner at 7 pm.  It was rather stressful after dinner, and even though no one else was snacking, I found myself eating probably 2 ounces of almonds, and I ate most of them within the three hours before bedtime that I am not supposed to eat.  I think that is why my blood glucose was slightly elevated this morning.  I think that, from now on, if I have any almonds, I will limit it to 1/2 ounce and only have them as part of a meal.

I drank 72 oz. of water, but never within an hour before eating or an hour after eating, in order to not dilute my stomach acid.

WEIGHING IN

Because I am here without my own bathroom scale, I will have to wait until Wednesday morning to weigh in.  I will be traveling on Tuesday morning, after breakfast, and I don't like to weigh unless it is first thing in the morning before eating.  Until then, I am using my "measurement shorts" to track my progress while I am here.

If you are interested in getting a short synopsis of how this plan works, you can listen to Jimmy Moore interviewing JJ Virgin by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment