Sunday, August 16, 2015

BODY FAT DOWN - LEAN MASS UP - NUTRITIONAL KETOSIS AND WEIGHT LIFTING UPDATE

Here is an update on how things are going in the past two weeks:

Basically, up and down.  I did do some water fasting, some fat fasting and some Low Carb High Fat eating.  My weight has fluctuated up and down.  I have more pounds of lean mass than when I started, and I'm sure that the weight lifting is responsible for that.

I have not been tracking food very much, and I think that is the reason that I have gained some body fat.  I just can't seem to be able to keep my weight under control unless I track every bite of food that goes in my mouth.  It's like I have a mental block about it!

Here is where I started five weeks ago:
July 15, 2015
Neck - 12"
Bust - 36"
Waist - 31.75"
Belly - 39.75"
Hips - 40.25"
Thigh - 22.5"
Calf - 14.25"
Scale weight - 146.2 pounds
Body fat - 52.7 pounds - 36%
Lean mass - 93.5 pounds - 64%
 
Here is where I am now:
August 16, 2015
Neck - 12"  (no change)
Bust - 35.75"  (lost 1/4")
Waist - 31.5"  (lost 1/4")
Belly - 39.625"  (lost 1/8")
Hips - 39.875"  (lost 3/8")
Thigh - 22"  (lost 1/2")
Calf - 14.125"  (lost 1/8")
Scale weight - 146.2 pounds  (no change)
Body fat - 51.6 pounds - 35.3%  (lost 1.1 pounds)
Lean mass - 94.6 pounds - 64.7%  (gained 1.1 pounds)
 
I still need to lose 10.8 pounds of fat and gain 0.6 pounds of muscle to reach my goal of 136 pounds with 30% body fat.
 
Here are a few charts.  These charts actually go back to April, because that is when I started weighing and measuring and tracking my food again after a long break of keeping track.  So only the last five weeks of that have to do with my recent posts.
 
 
 Here is my chart that shows the progress I'm making with The Big Five weight lifting routine according to Body By Science:


 For each of these exercises, I am attempting to reach total muscle failure in less than 90 seconds.  Each time I reach failure that way, I increase the weight by 10% the next time I lift.  The column to the right of the column for 8/12/2015 shows the weights I will use the next time I go in, which will be 8/19/2015.

Anyway, that's where I'm at this week.  Onward and Downward!  And thanks for reading!
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I found your blog a few weeks ago (I forget what exactly I was googling) and read through several posts. We definitely share some of the same weight loss struggles : /
    Anyways, I just finished reading the Fat Fast cookbook, and on the very last page, I read about a contributing author who runs a longarm business. Well, I figured I should meet this woman! I started typing up your blog address and it popped up, showing I'd visited before :-) So, hi; I'm Tracy. I'm pretty much always working to (try to) figure out what my body needs to lose fat, be healthy, and feel good. And I quilt :-) (but not on a long-term)

    Since I'm writing a book here, I'll go ahead and ask what I wondered when I read this before - how are you determining body fat / lean mass? And do you get tired of keeping track of everything?
    Best wishes ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tracy! Sorry for the delay in answering. Nice to meet a fellow quilter! Need anyone to do your longarm quilting? (hint, hint)

      I use this website to give me a pretty close estimate of my body fat percentage: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/library/blbodyfatcalculator.htm

      Let me know if you like it. And, yes, I get tired of tracking, especially food, so right now I am not doing it.

      Rebecca

      Delete