Thursday, February 18, 2016

DAY 49 - 2016 WEIGHT LOSS AND BLOOD GLUCOSE CHALLENGE

Christmas Eve 2015

Today is Day 49

Weight goal - 144.3 or lower
Actual weight - 143.4 - STILL LOW

Blood glucose goal - 82 or lower
Actual blood glucose - 76

Today is a Feast Day!



For me, that means a ketogenic diet - high fat, moderate protein and very low carb.  Each day, I will weigh in, check my fasting blood glucose, find out if I will feast or fast that day, update my chart and post it here on the big blog. I'm posting it to motivate myself not to give up, and if I think that anyone is looking at this, it will help to keep me accountable.

I am so happy this morning!  After a VERY full day of eating yesterday after my 60-hour fast, I woke up to NO weight gain and a beautifully low fasting blood glucose of 76!  Huzzah!  Maybe I have turned a corner on this thing.

I just knew that I would be fasting again today.  I had three eggs in butter with salami and BPC for breakfast, egg/tuna salad with olives and mayo for lunch, and 1 1/2 Jimmy Johns Unwiches for dinner.  I was babysitting my grandchildren with my husband last night, and their dinner was white chicken chili, which we were welcome to eat.  Filled with beans as it was, I sent Bill out for the sandwiches and turned down the chili.  I'm so glad I did!

On the way home, I was mentioning that I was probably going to have to fast today, and Bill said, "As long as you think your blood sugar will be high anyway, do you want to stop and get something fun to eat?"  It was a fun thought, but I passed on that, too.

48 DAYS DOWN AND 43 DAYS TO GO

36 FEAST DAYS AND 13 FAST DAYS - FASTING 27% OF THE DAYS

10.6 POUNDS GONE AND 7.4 POUNDS TO GO

59% OF THE WAY TO MY GOAL AFTER 54% OF THE DAYS

7-DAY AVERAGE WEIGHT - 144.5     7-DAY AVERAGE BLOOD GLUCOSE - 86

I made a few charts to track my progress.  The grey lines are my long term goals. The blue lines are my actual results.  The orange lines are my 7-day average using a trailing stop. The last chart is a little heat map to show at a glance how often I have actually had to fast to achieve the results I am after.


This is a personal challenge just for me, but if anyone reading would like to join me, please talk to your doctor and make sure that it will not conflict with your current medical condition or medications.  If you are taking the challenge, please be sure to let me know how you are doing!  Thanks for reading!

To find out more about this challenge - the rules and how it started - click here.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!!!!
    Sorry I have been too busy to comment the past few days - but know I am tagging along on your journey. and being bummed right along with you when your scale and blood sugars are uncooperative. and high-five-ing ya on days like yesterday and today.
    GO YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete