Thursday, February 25, 2016

DAY 56 - 2016 WEIGHT LOSS AND BLOOD GLUCOSE CHALLENGE

January 11, 2016

Today is Day 56

Weight goal - below 143
Actual weight - 144

Blood glucose goal - below 79
Actual blood glucose - 91

Today is a Fast Day.



For me, that means that all I will have today is water, coffee, tea, or broth, all without caloric sweeteners or fat.  Each day, I will weigh in, check my fasting blood glucose, find out if I will feast or fast that day, update my chart and post it here on the big blog. I'm posting it to motivate myself not to give up, and if I think that anyone is looking at this, it will help to keep me accountable.

I had a full day of eating yesterday.  My weight and my fasting blood glucose went up.  I am hoping that the more I fast, the lower my after-feast FBG will be.

For the past eight days, I have been fasting every other day.  I see that, even though my weight went up, it is still slightly lower than the last after-feast weight.  So I have another lower high.  This is a good trend.  I also see that my FBG is NOT lower than the last time I feasted.  In the big picture, it is still trending down, but I would like my next after-feast FBG be 90 or lower to get that short term trend heading down again.

I was pleased yesterday that after I washed my size 10 jeans, I was still easily able to get into them even though they were tightened by the wash and dry.  And no muffin top!

55 DAYS DOWN AND  36 DAYS TO GO

39 FEAST DAYS AND 17 FAST DAYS - FASTING 30% OF THE DAYS

10 POUNDS GONE AND 8 POUNDS TO GO 

56% OF THE WAY TO MY GOAL AFTER 62% OF THE DAYS

7-DAY AVERAGE WEIGHT - 143.5     7-DAY AVERAGE BLOOD GLUCOSE - 84

I made a few charts to track my progress.  The grey lines are my long term goals. The blue lines are my actual results.  The orange lines are my 7-day average using a trailing stop. The last chart is a little heat map to show at a glance how often I have actually had to fast to achieve the results I am after.


This is a personal challenge just for me, but if anyone reading would like to join me, please talk to your doctor and make sure that it will not conflict with your current medical condition or medications.  If you are taking the challenge, please be sure to let me know how you are doing!  Thanks for reading!

To find out more about this challenge - the rules and how it started - click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment